Getting Fiscally Fit
Are You Fiscally fit??
Spring is in the air, and the sun is shining! Maybe you’re thinking of doing your spring cleaning, or maybe getting the car that tune up it needs after a long winter. Lately I see joggers everywhere and it got me to thinking, with the weather improving day by day, we start spending more and more time outside, so maybe you’ve started thinking of getting physically fit.
Well, what about getting FISCALLY fit??
Exercising our financial muscles is just as important as keeping physically and mentally healthy. You may be eating right, sleeping well and getting some exercise everyday…but what are you doing to maintain or improve your FISCALL fitness?
Just like becoming physically fit, making money is not just about doing things; it’s about how you see yourself-and being the person it takes to earn it.
If you want the flexibility to come and go as you please and the mobility to go anywhere you want, you must be financially fit.
TEN TIPS FOR FISCAL FITNESS
To achieve maximum fiscal fitness, you must:
1. Want to make more money so badly that you will do whatever it takes-for as long as it takes-to make it happen. If you are compelled by Core Desires, you will have this attitude.
2. Love what you are doing. Many people only love part of what they do.
3. Believe in your product and service and know your field.
4. Believe that you are worth listening to. This instills confidence in others about you and what you are doing. You are worth listening to on the day you decide you are.
5. See yourself as a leader, someone worth following.
6. Find mentors to emulate-not only do what they do but be like them.
7. Be teachable. Learn whatever your mentors are willing to teach you, and don’t be stubborn.
8. Believe that every problem has a solution, and no problem is big enough to stop you.
9. Get out of your comfort zone and take risks.
10. Acquire, and present, an air of confidence in yourself and whatever you do
Thomas Edison, one of the greatest inventors of all time, said, “If you aren’t succeeding at the rate you want, increase your rate of failure.”
We’ve all heard that it took him ten thousand failures before he got a light bulb to work. “At least I know ten thousand ways it won’t work,” he said.
Now that is a workout! That’s what discovering your Core Desires can do for you; it can help you determine what those driving forces in you are and get you to where you want to be.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Can you see yourself making ten million dollars? Even if you can’t, maybe you can see yourself earning fifty thousand or a hundred thousand dollars more.
Are earnings like this possible, or probable, in your line of work? You can create any amount of money you want, if it is really a Core Desire.
If you worry about money, you probably feel powerless to make more, but this just isn’t true. Finding your Core Desires will help you get there.
All you need to do is change your attitude, see the light at the end of the tunnel, and excitedly begin working on your new solution.
But if you believe that hard work alone will be the answer to improving your finances, then your paradigm may be keeping you from experiencing financial success.
Find one-or more-mentors to show you how to do it, follow their advice, and acquire their success attributes and characteristics.
So after you’re done dusting off that bicycle, or spring cleaning the house, make time to flex your fiscal muscles. Following the tips I’ve mentioned above is a great start to getting yourself FINANCIALLY FIT.
Click here to pick up a copy of DNA of SUCCESS to add to your ‘Getting Fiscally Fit’ regime and read more on how to find your Core Desires so your FISCAL Fitness is the best it can be.