Self Actualization: Are You Zooming Toward Your Success?
Look at your life right now: Your job or business, your relationships, your financial picture. Are you happy with it? If you haven’t found the success and self actualization you dream of, why not?
“Well, Jack,” you want to say. “It’s not that simple. I mean, if it were simple, everyone would be doing it.”
It is simple, once you know how. I’m not saying it’s easy, but it’s simple. We’ve talked a lot about finding your Core Desires and unleashing your Conquering Force. But if you’ve stalled, it’s time to deal with the invisible chains holding you back.
Have you ever seen a trained elephant? Seven thousand pounds of mammal, held in place by a chain not much thicker than a woman’s choker. Even if the elephant likes its handlers, it must want to wander off at times, go exploring or check out the pink cotton candy a few yards away. But it stands there, swishing its trunk and looking around, never thinking to jerk its broad leg and snap that thin strand holding it back. Why?
When elephants are babies, they’re put in a chain too strong for them to break. The elephant tries to free himself, but soon learns that it’s futile. As he grows, he doesn’t realize that the chain can’t hold him anymore, and he simply doesn’t think to try.
Are you being held by breakable chains? I call these Invisible Barriers, and here are some signs that they are halting your progress toward self-actualization:
- You find yourself procrastinating on behaviors that will move you forward.
- You realized you needed help or more information but failed to seek it.
- You rushed through a job that deserved your time and attention (due diligence!)
- You set aside time to work toward your Core Desires, and, at the end of that time, realize that you’ve gotten completely side-tracked from the task at hand.
- You allowed yourself to develop unrealistic expectations about your potential results, and then wanted to quit when they weren’t fulfilled.
Don’t these behaviors indicate that you haven’t identified your Core Desires? Sure, they can be signs of that. But if you’ve spent the time and mental energy to know that you are headed in the right direction, you might be dealing with Invisible Barriers. We’ll talk more about how to unearth and eliminate those barriers in my next blog: Self Actualization: What’s Holding You Back?
Are you ready to reach the kind of self actualization that comes with discovering your Core Desires and igniting your Conquering Force? Let me help you overcome your Invisible Barriers and hit the Jack-pot of success like you’ve only dreamed of!